Mamapalooza is both a teaching and an experience to demonstrate God’s love for mothers. Special emphasis is placed on serving single mothers on this celebratory day. In an affirming, stand-alone message from 2012, Pastor Kevin Queen uncovers the three “monsters of motherhood:” insignificance, isolation, and discouragement. Mothers are encouraged to fight these monsters with Scriptural truth, and remain steadfast in the purpose God has placed on their lives.
The three “monsters of motherhood” include:
• Insignifcance - Fight with the truth of your Great Calling. Scripture: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
• Isolation - Fight with the truth of your Great Company. Scripture: Matthew 11:28-30
• Discouragement - Fight with the truth of your Great Harvest. Scripture: Galatians 6:9-10
The complete Mamapalooza experience included:
• Colorful flags and amusing signage to pay compliments to moms as they entered the property
• Greeters with special, coordinated “compliment” t-shirts
• Photo booths for keepsake pictures with kids
• Refreshments - Strawberry lemonade, cake pops, and chocolates (We ordered from Starbucks and Godiva.)
• Gerbera daisies giveaway - one for each mom upon exit (We purchased daisies through Fifty Flowers.)
• Outreach opportunity - Mother’s Day card with a cash gift offered to all single moms, including guests. After the service, single moms went to a designated area to accept the gift in a show of support and kindness.
The teaching and support files are included below. Remember, it doesn’t take a large budget to make moms feel special. Make Mamapalooza your own! To suit your individual church and budget, incorporate some of our experience ideas with a customized delivery of the Mamapalooza message.
Mamapalooza (Video) - 29:02
Mamapalooza Bumper (Video) - 00:36
Mamapalooza Promo (Video) - 00:40
Mamapalooza Closer - Higher and Higher (Video) - 02:38
You must be logged in to rate this resource.
Can't find what you're looking for?Suggest a Resource