Before you view the video, it may be helpful to read the students' course description:
This course deals with the planning missteps that bring growing non-profit organizations, including churches, to a halt. It deals with strategic issues such as: when and how to introduce new ideas, meeting organizational needs without stifling spiritual needs, how and when to add multiple celebration experiences, prayer strategies to maintain focus, why building too soon or too big will stunt organizational growth, planning realistic budgets for growth without overestimating potential, and how to “cell” a growing organization. The course makes use of 22 case studies to explore the application of strategic management principles to the growing non-profit organization.
Kevin and Norwood respond to the following questions from students.
What are the most important lessons you have learned about ...
- Leading staff members and lay volunteers?
- Adjusting how you lead as the organization grows?
- Starting new services, venues and/or church plants?
- Getting more people involved in prayer?
- Maintaining innovation?
- Connecting with non-chruchgoers to meet their needs?
- Keeping focus on the mission and vision?
LEAD 540 Course (Video) - 55:08
You must be logged in to rate this resource.
Can't find what you're looking for?Suggest a Resource